On 2013-06-28 12:10, Matt wrote:
I am looking to retool presently just because it's time. So if you are convinced that this is due to low resources, don't concern yourself with it.

Ok. It makes sense that the ~200 messages all at once could have happend at the restart. SNFClient will keep trying for 30-90 seconds before it gives up and spits out it's error file. That's where your delays are coming from. SNF itself was clocking only about 100-800ms for all of the scans.

The error result you report is exactly the one sent by SNF -- that it was unable to open the file.

I am very sure this is resource related -- your scans should not be taking the amount of time they are and I suspect most of that time is eaten up trying to get to the files. The occasional errors of the same time are a good hint that IO is to blame.

The new spam that we've seen often includes large messages -- so that's going to put a higher load on IO resources -- I'll bet that the increased volume and large message sizes are pushing IO over the edge or at least very close to it.

Best,

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC