Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself. I'm Jill Ramsay, and I've just joined Chris V's team.
Some of you with mixed pipelines may remember me from the Alias days when I
managed Maya for a few years.  I've been lurking on this list for the past
couple of weeks, and the first thing I want to do is to offer my condolences to
those feeling a great sense of loss; you are clearly a very passionate bunch of
people and your pain and sadness is very evident.

I know you all have choices, and if your choice is to stay with Softimage for
as long as possible, or to transition to a non-Autodesk solution, then I
respect that. However, if you have chosen or are considering choosing to
transition to Maya, I'm here to help in any way I can. You can email me
directly at jill.ram...@autodesk.com<mailto:jill.ram...@autodesk.com>. (If you
choose to transition to 3ds Max, and need any assistance there, let me know and
I'll pass you on to someone who can help).

One thing that's become very clear to me is that there are some things that
Softimage does extremely well. Not just big ticket features like ICE, but
streamlined workflows that help you to be more productive. I want to understand
those things and if and how we can implement them in Maya, for the benefit of
all of our users.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that your list has been hijacked in the
past couple of weeks with transition discussions, a lot them revolving about
what Maya can or can't offer you. In order to give back this list to the people
who need to get on with their everyday work in Softimage, I invite you to bring
those discussions to a new discussion group within the Maya forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Softimage-Workflow-Feature/bd-p/softimageworkflow.
 Everyone is very welcome there, and our product designers will be standing by
to take your feedback and answer your questions where they can, as will I.

I'm looking forward to having some constructive, useful discussions. Thank you
in advance for your input.

Best regards,

Jill Ramsay