: I'm using solr1.3 nightly build. I defined a sint field bookCount. When
: I query on this field, it works fine without highlight. However if I
: turn on highlight(hl=true&hl.fl=bookCount), it failed due to the error

I'm not sure if i really understand what it would mean to highlight a
numeric field,  hilighting a range query probably won't ever work
because of the way range queries are implemented in Solr ... but at the
very least there should be a better error message in this case.  (and the
case of a simple single value numeric lookup should probably work)

could you please file a bug for this?

: rows=10&start=0&hl.fl=bookCount&indent=on&q=bookCount:5&hl=true&version=
: 2.2 0 0
:
: 2008-02-25 16:54:53,524 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 25, 2008 4:54:53 PM
: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
: SEVERE: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "   "

-Hoss