Hi Sam

I've done some more testing on the problem I have and it seems that if a
.qmail-user file contains an external forwarding address, then spamdyke-qrv
looks for the external domain in the virtualdomains file, which it doesn't
find, and returns invalid address. Is there something I need to do to make this
work?

BTW, I had to reconfigure 'spamdyke-qrv with "-with-excessive-output" and use
-vv to get any debug information. I'm not sure if that's what you intended: I
would have thought -vv should work with no configuration options. Also a single
-v doesn't generate any extra output.

In any case, here is some edited debug output from an example:

Example:
$ cat .qmail-bob
b...@someremotedomain.com<mailto:b...@someremotedomain.com>

# spamdyke-qrv -vv example.com bob

QRV-EXCESSIVE(read_file()@fs-qrv.c:370): opened file for reading:
/home/e/x/example/.qmail-bob
QRV-EXCESSIVE(read_file()@fs-qrv.c:390): read 27 bytes from
/home/e/x/example/.qmail-bob, line 1:
b...@someremotedomain.com<mailto:b...@someremotedomain.com>
QRV-EXCESSIVE(validate()@validate-qrv.c:350): did not find recipient domain
someremotedomain.com in virtualdomains file /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
QRV-EXCESSIVE(validate@validate-qrv.c:900<mailto:validate@validate-qrv.c:900>):
INVALID RECIPIENT recipient: b...@example.com<mailto:b...@example.com> resolved
username: example-bob

Stephen