Sam,

I compiled spamdyke myself instead of using the pkgsrc binary for Illumos and that solved the problem. I'm getting the feeling that the gcc compiler used for creating the binaries is broken. Both netqmail and spamdyke pkgsrc installations behave badly on OmniOS. My personally compiled qmail and spamdyke seem to behave as expected.

Gary