You're correct that those messages are related to limits, but not the ones
softlimit can set.  Those messages are about "hard" limits, which are set using
the "ulimit" command.  I'd guess either BSD has a default hard limit or
something on your system is setting them before spamdyke runs.  Those limits
are extremely high, so there's very little chance they're going to cause any
problems, but spamdyke will keep complaining about them as long as log-level is
"verbose" or higher.

-- Sam Clippinger