Looking at those log messages, I don't think TLS has anything to do with this.
spamdyke's log message shows "encryption: (none)", which means TLS is not in
use.

When spamdyke logs TIMEOUT, it means the remote server held the connection open
too long without sending any data at all.  Usually that means the software on
the remote server is badly written and it's expecting a very specific message
before proceeding.  Since it isn't getting that message, it just waits until it
the connection times out.  There's an FAQ about this too:
        http://www.spamdyke.org/documentation/FAQ.html#TROUBLE3
Documentation on how to adjust spamdyke's timeouts is here:
        http://www.spamdyke.org/documentation/README.html#TIMEOUTS
By default, spamdyke doesn't enforce any timeouts, so another line in your
config file must be enabling them.  Perhaps simply increasing those values will
solve this?

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest using spamdyke's full logging feature to
capture one of these failed connections.  That will show exactly what's data is
being sent and how long it's taking.

-- Sam Clippinger