Hi Ed

Thanks for your reply.  Basically, I am not really that au fait with Linux.
I dabbled a while ago with Dapper Drake and got the Speedtouch modem working
after some help from this forum.

I've just started out again with Feisty.  I have followed all of the
instructions on the site
http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html, but it isn't working.
  I'm sure it's something very simple I have to modify, as I did before, but
my lack of experience in using Linux doesn't help!

Any suggestios will be gratefully received!

Regards.

Roger.