Hi, the fact you see a web-page supplied by your ISP shows
that the modem is working: network packets are getting from
your ISP to you.  I don't know why your ISP thinks things
are not configured right (you can always ask them to tell
you what's wrong), but my guess is that you authenticated
wrong, i.e. used the wrong username or password.  These
are stored in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets or /etc/ppp/chap-secrets.

> i don't know how to do the "debug" thing.

How do you run pppd?  Use the same command but add debug
to the list of command line options.  Debug output either
goes to the terminal or to your system logs (/var/log/messages
or /var/log/syslog usually).

Ciao,

Duncan.