On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:40 PM, mike bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
wrote:

> If this is truly, "unexpected error but we need to do things", perhaps you
> can use before_flush() to memoize the details you need for a restore inside
> of session.info.
>
> An event hook can be added but it would need to be carefully considered
> what the specific use case for this hook is.   For example I'm not sure
> "before_rollback()" is really what this should be, it likely should be "on
> flush exception" similar to how engine does it.

My specific need is related to https://github.com/amol-/depot/issues/36

DEPOT allows loading files associated to database data.
In case of a rollback DEPOT deletes the files that got uploaded.

That works in case of `.flush()` + `.rollback()` because it gathers the
history of the entity and the changed files in `before_flush`, but if a
rollback is issued without a flush it currently lacks an event from which
it can get the state of the objects and their history before the rollback.