On 05/15/2017 10:31 AM, Zsolt Ero wrote:
I'm trying to run your example, but it doesn't work:

from sqlalchemy import func

m = request.dbsession.query(models.Map).get(3)
m.screenshots = func.jsonb_set(m.screenshots, '{key}', '"value"')
request.dbsession.flush()

It ends up in a (psycopg2.ProgrammingError) can't adapt type 'dict'.

jsonb_set(models.Map.screenshots, ...)

because this works against the column, not the value

Also, from the generated SQL it seems to me that it's also doing the
full JSONB update from client side, not just inserting a key into the
database server side.

UPDATE maps SET screenshots=jsonb_set(%(jsonb_set_1)s,
%(jsonb_set_2)s, %(jsonb_set_3)s) WHERE maps.id = %(maps_id)s
{'maps_id': 3, 'jsonb_set_3': '"value"', 'jsonb_set_2': '{key}',
'jsonb_set_1': {u'small': u'2ad139ee69cdcd9e.jpg', u'full':
u'68b3f51491ff1501.jpg'}}