That error has nothing to do with SQLite, really.  SQLite is deployed on ARM
platforms and ships as a system library on iOS.  It sounds like you are running
into this ->
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11151474/can-arm-desktop-programs-be-built-using-visual-studio-2012

Keep in mind that Visual Studio ARM development is fairly new.  There was
absolutely no support for it as far as I know before 2012 and the introduction
of Windows ARM tablets, and even then the things you could do with it were
extremely limited.

On 2017/03/21 6:24, "sqlite-users on behalf of Jaime Stuardo"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of
jstua...@desytec.com> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have finally given up. After almost all day trying to compile SQLite
amalgamated source code files for ARM platform I got the conclusion that SQLite
is not for ARM platform, even when documentation says the contrary. I have VS
2008 and I tried to compile some C++ wrappers out there that contains
amalgamated files but with no success

    I tried several command line parameters, but nothing.

    Last try was, by using only amalgamated files (shell.c, sqlite3.c,
sqlite3.h, sqlite3ext.h). There is no science with this. I open a VS2008
command prompt and VS2012 ARM Command prompt and compile with:

    "cl sqlite3.c -link -dll -out:sqlite3.dll -machine:ARM"

    In both cases, I got this error:

    "crtdefs.h(338) : fatal error C1189: #error :  Compiling Desktop
applications for the ARM platform is not supported."

    That took  me to the conclusion about SQLite is only for Desktop
applications, which is very bad. Is there another alternative or trick to make
it compile for ARM platform?

    Thanks
    Jaime