Thanks, I'll give this a try!

John

On 8/25/06, Martin Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
John Salerno wrote:
> Well, I figured out the sqlite commands, but how would I make these
> settings the default each time I use the sqlite command line program?
> (i.e. .he on and .mo col)

If you're on Linux etc, put the commands in a file called .sqliterc in
your home directory.

If you're on Windows, open a command prompt, type "set" and see if you
have an environment variable called "HOME". If you have, put .sqliterc
in that directory. If not, go to the control panel and find the tool
which sets the environment variables (System|Advanced on XP), specify a
directory there and then create the .sqliterc file. You'll probably have
to log out/in before the variable is created in new command prompts.

When you start sqlite it will say that it has loaded commands from a
file and print the fully qualified pathname of that file.

Martin