Hi!  Vista does not negotiate NLTMv2.
Start -> gpedit.msc (run as administrator)
Computer configuration -> Policies

Windows Settings ->
Security Settings->
Local Policies ->
Security Options

Find  "Network Security: LAN MANAGER Authentication Level"
Set it  to "Send LM * NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated"

The reason behind this is that squid uses NTLMv2 after a certain version
(2.6 stable 12 if I'm not mistaken) but it is negotiated NTLMv2, rather than
just straight NTLMv2 for some reason.  Vista refuses to negotiate by
default, accepting only NTLMv2

Hope this helps.