Hi,
Using version: Squid Cache: Version 3.1.10  (Centos RPM)

I also have this changes on the OS:

/etc/rc.local
/sbin/modprobe iptable_nat
/sbin/modprobe ip_nat_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_gre
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies
echo 131072 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_syn_backlog
echo 524288 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_max
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/rp_filter
modprobe iptable_nat
iptables -t nat -F PREROUTING
ip tunnel add gre0 mode gre remote 196.10.148.1 local 196.10.148.6 dev eth0
ip link set gre0 up

iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i gre0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to-destination 196.10.148.6:3401
touch /var/lock/subsys/local
~

/etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1025 65535
fs.file-max = 372925
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 2048
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
# Controls source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.ip_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.gre0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.gre0.ip_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route = 1
# Controls the System Request debugging functionality of the kernel
kernel.sysrq = 0

# Controls whether core dumps will append the PID to the core filename.
# Useful for debugging multi-threaded applications.
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1

# Controls the use of TCP syncookies
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1

# Disable netfilter on bridges.