Eventually to retrieve dynamic content the client will use POST, couple of arguments in the request or cookies which cannot be cached in a forward proxy.

I can think about some facebook api urls, google search,bing search and live cgi scripts which I will not want to cache.

I will want to cache small\big pictures css, js, pdf, static html pages, static feeds, rss feeds(must revalidate), flash objects, couple software updates and installations.

What will you not want to cache in you cache service?
What will you want to cache?
How big will you want your cache to be?(realistic and wild dream)
If I would offer you to run only one squid server with a cluster of storage servers for an entire network, how big would you want it to be?

Squid 3.3.13 and 3.4.7 build is about to finish.

Eliezer