STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Sopranos fanatics, this one is for you.  Tony Soprano's autographed
Suburban is available for purchase on eBayTM.  James Gandolfini has
personally signed the vehicle.  Find this and over 800 other Sopranos
items for sale on eBay.
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/ebay

[Via Communist Internet... http://www.egroups.com/group/Communist-Internet ]
.
.Bush Says Won't Change Positions on Missile Defense, Global Warming
US President George W. Bush on Monday made clear that he would stick to his
controversial positions on missile defense and global warming during his
second European trip this week.

Speaking to reporters after meeting British ambassador Christopher Meyer,
Bush said: "On both issues, I have made my positions clear. People shouldn't
doubt where the United States
<http://www.peopledaily.com.cn/english/data/usa.html>  stands."

Bush's withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol stunned the world and his plan to
deploy a national missile defense shield drew fire from across the world,
including Washington's allies.

On missile defense, Bush said, "In principle, it's important for us to
develop a new strategic framework to make the world more peaceful."

"We will continue to consult with Great Britain on the issue. And I think
British Prime Minister Tony Blair and others are beginning to realize that
the Cold War is over."

"On global warming, the British prime minister knows, as do the leaders of
the EU -- they heard me say, as loudly and as clearly as I can, we agree
with the goal of reducing greenhouse gases, but we don't accept the
methodology of the Kyoto treaty."

"I've looked forward, over time, to detailing our strategy with our friends
and allies. And again, I repeat, it's with the goal in mind of making sure
that we all work in the world, in developing nations as well as industrial
nations, at reducing greenhouse gases," he added. Bush will embark on his
second European tour for his first G-8 summit this week. He is likely to
face criticism over his global warming and national missile defense
positions.

****