I'd go n have a cup of tea..

On 25 Mar 2004, at 17:54, ruben wrote:

hi
Those are my requirements, i have to convert objects to html, in my action and get this html in a String, i thought that the jsp is a good way to do this,
I want the code that jsp generate (that is sent to the browser) on my action , is it possible? thanks a lot ,
Regards.

Qureshi, Affan wrote:

So why cant you use simple JSTL or struts-EL tags to do it? Ideally you shouldn't be doing any client-side stuff in your Actions.
A cleaner approach would be to use Custom Tags to have the HTML generation code and you can call them from your JSPs. (Remember that JSPs are not sent to the browser, it is the code they generate that is sent to the client browser).
Or maybe I dont understand your requirements.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: ruben [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 10:19 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: html inside an action

Qureshi, Affan wrote:

What part of JSP do you want to generate? Is it Java code in the JSP that you want to generate or static HTML/JavaScript? You might want to look at Tag Libraries as well.

hi!
how can i get the output generate in a .jsp inside an action like it was a resource that i can process(a String or something else)???
thanks a lot in advance.

PD: I need to call jasper compiler or something similar? what can i do that? thanks

hi, thanks for the response, i want the code generated (HTML/javascript), it's like redirect the output to a resource that i can process in the action instead of send to the navigator,
thanks a lot