Hello,
I was wondering about having a global "dictionary" key in sugar, just
like the view source key. When you select a word (or words), and press
that key, a window should pop up, showing the meaning of that word (or
those words). There can be a control panel entry to choose what
dictionary to use (eg: someone might want to have a English-Spanish
dictionary instead of a English-English one, etc).
I did a bit of hacking last weekend to come up with a rough mockup for
the feature.
There's a screencast at
http://people.sugarlabs.org/sayamindu/global_dictionary.ogv
(it works with all activities, and not just with Browse - and the
window pops up when I press the key)
Does it make sense for Sugar ? If it does, I think I can beat it into
shape over the next few weekends.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--