Graham,

I'm not sure that I understand your question fully, but if you're trying to do something like the attached and you're using Windows, try Inkscape. https://inkscape.org/

I'm fairly new to it and am finding it a little awkward to use in some respects, but I'm gradually getting used to it. The nice thing is, it's free.

Steve

On 2017-01-20 9:26 AM, graham stapleton wrote:
Is there any freeware (or at least inexpensive software) that can do in a circle that which Excel does in a quadilateral? Apart from variable numbers of radii and concentric circles, numbers and text need to appear in the circles. I've found something that does the first part, (albeit PDF) but not the latter. Thank you.