1. I don't understand how a spreadsheet's rectangularly-arranged table of
values is a problem for designing circular things. The values calculated
and saved in that table can represent polar co-ordinates as well as
anything else.

2. But here is *my* question that motivates this reply:

Is it possible (without purchasing or downloading additional software) to
print out graphics from Excel?  ...to calculate, in Excel, co-ordinates of
points along some curve, and then print-out the curve?

...useful for drawing a map, or a sundial, or any of lots of other things.

Michael Ossipoff