While I am truly fond of analog clocks, certainly including sundials, I also have a place in my heart for interesting digital clocks. Hence, I still have two Heathkit "Most Accurate Clocks," model GC-1000, that run 24/7 and have done for 30 years. This red LED digital clock sets its time from WWV (not WWVB) using the two-tone, seconds-tick tone; that seconds-tick tone digitally encodes the time of day, DST and more. The Heath clock decodes it, displaying hours, minutes, seconds and tenths of seconds. For its era, this Heath clock has many innovative features, including learning and correcting the frequency error of its internal crystal. Originally a relatively expensive Heathkit product selling for about $250, it now sells for $400-$600 on eBay!

Bet you did not know the WWV seconds-tick tone actually shifts between two different tones to allow this encoding! No, I can't hear the difference.

But, that was before GPS time. I recently found a kit for a red LED digital clock that uses GPS and displays hours, minutes, seconds and also tenths of seconds. Try that with a sundial! Of course, you don't need to plug in your sundial...

Look here for the $60 GPS Clock:

https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/gps-clock/

I've had one of these GPS Clocks running for about a month and it has been absolutely reliable, syncing quickly to GPS upon power-up from a 5 volt wall wart power supply.

Larry