Dear Steve

I do not know how you are planning to cut and fabricate your plastic sheeting.
But if you have not looked,  there are many many bi-colour double layered UV
resistant acrylics used by the sign-writing industry. See, for example,
https://www.engraving-supplies.co.uk/laser-materials/trolase.html
<https://www.engraving-supplies.co.uk/laser-materials/trolase.html>. The
advantage of these materials (or single colour acrylics) is that they can be
either cut and engraved with great precision and minimal cost by laser-cutting.
All you need is a good .pdf graphic made to appropriate specs for your
laser-cutter. Typically, text - which is raster-engraved - will be one colour.
While vector lines and curves will be lines of a certain thickness and of
different colours (one colour for a cut, others for different depths of
engraving).

One of the great advantages of the laser cut approach is that you can try
endless designs cut/engraved on cardboard - costing virtually nothing, before
committing to your more expensive final material.

Laser cutting is cheap these days and if you live anywhere near a big city, you
may find that there is a 'FabLab', where you can go and do it yourself - see
www.fablabs.io/labs/map <http://www.fablabs.io/labs/map>

Having started designing sundials by laser-cutting in Cardiff University's
FabLab - I am now actually employed there part-time to teach others in
laser-cutting. So I am happy to elucidate further if anyone is interested.

cheers
Kevin