Hi Dan--

I don't claim to have an answer to your question, because (evidently like
most) I don't know anything about casting resin.

At least one 5-face cube-dial, or 4-face pillar dial is on my to-do list. I
like them because they're readable at relatively long distance, from all
directions, and useful at all times of day.

Also, with a nodus for declination, or co-Italian or Babylonian hours,
there'd nearly always be one of the faces on which the nodus's shadow is on
the dial-face. A multi-face dial is the answer to the problem of a
nudus-shadow not always being on the dial-face.

Aside from that, cube-dials are attractive, decorative, and interesting.

A declining cube-dial has the advantage that all of its faces have their
French hours style intersecting the dial-face, thereby telling time
whenever the face receives sunlight.

Also, all of its dials can have the same kind of oblique triangular gnomon
(not the kind whose style is parallel to the dial-face), making for better
and more consistent appearance.

A cube-dial with one of its face's normal (perpendicular line) facing
horizontal and due-north, or such a dial rotated only about its east-west
axis, has the advantage of being easily explained to people--a
consideration that I value.

I once bought a resin sundial. I liked its realistic weight, heat-capacity,
and feel, which, to me, seemed to passably resemble stone. But it was one
of those affordable commercial sundials, all of which are completely
unacceptably inaccurate and carelessly made &/or designed. It ended up
breaking. I don't remember how. Maybe that was avoidable and my fault.
Maybe I dropped it or stepped on it.

My pillar dial will (if i make it) will consist of a wooden box, to be
mounted on the middle of a vertical post. It will have holes in its top and
bottom, to fit the post, and will be hinged along one vertical edge to
close onto the post, with the holes lined with some soft material to grip
the post without damaging it, and a bolt-&-wingnut on the edge opposite the
hinge, to tighten the box-closure onto the post. It will have dials on its
4 vertical sides.

Michael Ossipoff