Traveling now so I don't have access to it at the moment, but several years
ago I published a quiz in The Compendium that had the golden ratio as the
answer.   It's was an actual historical example and the author back in the
17th? Century wasn't aware that the number he was approximating was phi.
Readers who have the (fantastic) NASS Repository. DVD can do an  easy
search to find the quiz.