Hi Laurent,

First and foremost, thank you for working on s6! I see your point about the
drop-in replacement. I was not familiar with the efforts of uselessd. It
seems I am not the first one trying to have a usable system without
systemd. :) If I understand your suggestion correctly you are thinking
about having s6 as the init and using s6-rc for running the services. Would
this approach keep systemd installed just to provide for services directly
depending on it?

# rpm -q --requires openssh-server | grep systemd | sort -u
libsystemd.so.0()(64bit)
libsystemd.so.0(LIBSYSTEMD_209)(64bit)
systemd-units

I am not sure why any service would depend on these. Is there functionality
in libsystemd.so.0 that an ssh service actually needs?

I.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Laurent Bercot <ska-supervis...@skarnet.org

--
*Istvan Szukacs*