I will add a feature for it to automatically talk to the 2nd firewall
and for it to tell the 2nd to reload its ipsec configuration.   This
will solve all these problems.

Only stipulation is that both endpoints will need to be pfSense, but
thats not really something I'm concerned with as you should only be
using pfSense :P

Scott