On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Bjørn Lomborg wrote:

> The costs of global climate policies is running at about $1billion every
> day. Wind turbines cost 10 times the estimated benefits in terms of
> emissions cuts, and solar panels cost close to 100 times the benefits. Yet,
> with spending on these technologies of about £136 billion annually, there
> are a lot of interests in keeping the tap open.
>
> But opposition to the rampant proliferation of biofuels also shows the way
> to a more rational climate policy. If we can stop the increase in biofuels
> we can save lives, save money, and start finding better ways to help. This
> is about investing in more productive agriculture that can feed more people
> more cheaply while freeing up space for wildlife.

It seems to give a fairly rational explanation of how bad mega-biofuels
are..... then concludes with these two paragraphs which all of a sudden
attack wind turbines and solar panels without giving any data to back up
their fairly wild claims.  And gives a fairly vague sentence about "more
production agriculture".   Does that mean urban farms, edible landscapes or
more intensive chemical use and GMO crops, or what????     I was pretty on
to agreeing with everything he said till the end, but now I kind of
question exactly where he's coming from and what his agenda is...