I started my heavy volume posting as Keith relinquished the role to
others.  I refer you to his post from over 4 years ago.

http://www.mail-archive.com/sustainablelorgbiofuel@lists.sustainablelists.org/msg77563.html

The list archive remains a valued tool to me.

However, to summarize, there are a lot of sources.  I believe my
particular value-add has been that I read so many of them, have a bit of
a BS filter, and pass along those which I think have merit without too
much 'me-too' echoing.  That's all based on my biases.

You can subscribe to many non-MSM sources.  One of my cues is the
presence of links and footnotes to fact-based sources, rather than
repetition of disinformation in the corporate media echo chamber.

Keith's list began with:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

http://www.commondreams.org/

http://truth-out.org/

On my own, I have come to like http://rabble.ca/ for Canadian
perspectives, http://www.tyee.ca/ for environmental truths (also
http://www.ecowatch.com/.

Note that many of these need individual donors to support them.  I have
contributed to most over the years.  If you are so fortunate you can
afford to, I encourage you to do so, or these counterpoint voices will
be silenced.

I have also set up a LOT of Internet search alerts, which likely account
for about half the content I have forwarded to the list. Some things just come my way due to a wide range of personal interests.

Regular list readers will know that I think climate change is the issue of our time, and the ascendance of the deniers to positions of power around the world is troubling. On this list, I have tried to bring a combination of the bad and the inspiring. For a real counterpoint to the denialist perspective, try https://guymcpherson.com/. Be warned, there is nothing light-hearted there; I found it sucked at my soul. I stopped reading there years ago, and felt my time would be better spent trying to make a positive difference than giving into despair.

This list was one of my efforts in that regard. Giving a different perspective on the world's apparent insanity, gathered together in one place for an audience who would benefit from the knowledge and make use of it to make for a better society and more sustainable future for our species (and many others).

Wishing you all to be informed, be skeptical, be engaged and be active. I intend to be.

Resurrecting my old tag line:

It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?

Darryl