Carlos Sousa wrote:
> Im trying to find OpenSource SW with a bit more features, and cant find anything like it...
> I need something to manage/monitor my IT Department service/performace.

1. Sometimes it is easier to just try the opposite exercise:
a) Do you know of any package, even proprietary, that you use/have used and that you know that does all what you need?
b) Does it fulfill all your needs?

2. It seems that you have already tried a few open source packages.
The concept behind OpenIT (http://openit.dancoulter.com/drupal/) seems to have pleased a few other IT managers before.

> Key Functions - CORE: > ===================== > > - Trouble Ticketing or HelpDesk > - Ticket definition with CTI tree (Category, Type, Item)

3. It seems that you have tried a few already.

>  - HW Inventory/Assets (integrated with User list)

4. Inventory of what? Software, Hardware? Inventory management is usually linked to ERP (see Compiere) or with Inventory management applications.

>  - Project Management (similar to HelpDesk but project oriented -  in
 reporting, subtasking, Global duration, etc)

5. Open Workbench (http://www.openworkbench.org/), no doubts about that.

>  - Integration between Hdesk Calls and inventory (ex: Link hardware with
> Calls and Users)

6. Integration is synonymous to "hand made" or "hand coded", do not expect magical software to do that.

>  - Licence (SW) and Contracts Management

7. This is an (expensive) problem of those who use proprietary software.
They need to keep a sharp eye on all those licenses, contracts and check if they all match all the desktops and servers that use them.

8. If you are using Windows based systems and need to control all that software and hardware maze, you absolutely need to take a close look at:
*OCS Inventory* at: http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/en/index.php
And yes, you guessed it, it is free/open source

9. There is a member in this [sw-hw] list, Eng. Nuno Rua, who has become an expert at using OCS Inventory to control the IT inventory of a very large portuguese public enterprise. I am sure that if you ask nicely he will be glad to help you.

>  - SLA Integration with HelpDesk

10. What do you mean with "SLA"?

>  - FAQs/Knowledge base (created from HelpDesk Call Resolutions)

11. Again what FAQs what knowledge bases?

> - Internal/External Bulletin Board
12. Again, no doubts, if you simply want a BB, then phpBB is all what you want. But if you are doing hospital IT and need also a reliable web presence with internal/external user interactivity, then what you need is Drupal, it has many things, including a BB, and is VERY EASY to set up and reliably manage. Take a look at the e-HealthExpert.org site it uses Drupal.

>  - Bug Reporting (Keep track of applications malfuntions - usually to
> monitor outsoursing development or implementation - ex: SW packedges)
>  - Logging (Manual Track/Register of all datacenter events - AC, UPS
> (power),  Server , OS)

12. See 11.

> Software I've checked, but only perform partially:

Well, all software packages have that very same problem, they can not be all things to all users and as such they all "only perform partially".

Regards,
J. Antas

--
Please email new or noteworthy findings to sw-hw@e-healthexpert.org