Dear Participant of the SemWiki2006 (http://semwiki.org) workshop,

   (all other readers may safely ignore this email)

there are a number of points to know before coming to the workshop:

1) Timing
---------
We decided to have "Lightning Panels", each 20 minutes long. One panel
will have 3 presentations, each only 5 minutes, no questions. Then we
will have a joint short discussion.

Btw: In some conferences, they have 40 second slots. We give you 7
times more than that. The exact agenda is online here:
http://wiki.ontoworld.org/index.php/SemWiki2006_Agenda

Please prepare good slides. You can safely assume all attendees are
familiar with wikis and semantic wikis. Explain what makes your idea
special, why it is needed.

Please give us your presentations by USB stick or email
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) before the workshop starts or in the coffee break.

2) Poster Session
-----------------
*Everybody*  is invited to present posters. We will manage to get enough
poster stands, hopefully. Accepted papers presented as posters get the
best spots.

3) Interactive Session
----------------------
In  this  session we will have the most fun and get everybody to work.
The goal is to create a "Semantic Wiki Meta-Model" (SWIMM).
Each  Semantic  Wiki  has  a certain way of modeling data and metadata
(aka  semantic  data,  annotations  or  just RDF). The mix of data and
metadata differs between wikis. We found a number of Wiki-Models:
- Pages are tagged
- Pages have statements, where the page is always the subject
- Pages are a container for an arbitrary chunk of RDF data
- Parts of pages are annotated with RDF (the RDFa model)
- The whole wiki has metadata attached
- ...

Se we can distinguish
- granularity of annotated artefact
- kind of metadata (tags, triples, ...)
- restrictions (only about the page, only according to an ontology,
- semantic language used (RDF, RDFS, OWL, ...)
- ...

We  have  to  find  a  common  picture/language/model  to describe the
different  approaches,  in  order  to  make  progress  in our field of
science.  Let's  call this model, that describes then all the 'SWIMM',
Semantic Wiki Meta-Model.

We  expect  every  workshop participant to actually work. Work will be
performed  in  small  teams,  other  topics  are  possible and will be
organized on-demand at the workshop.

4) Self-tagging (optional)
On  your  ESWC2006 name tag, please write in big, readable letters one
or  two  keywords  on  which  you  would like to be asked about in the
coffee  breaks.  It  really  works and makes contact with other people
easier and more focused.

See you in Montenegro,

  Max Völkel and Sebastian Schaffert