Hi Erik

> There is a small possibility that you have a hardware problem.
>
> 10 years ago I bought a DECT telephone that interfered with my cable modem if
> the base station was placed within 50cm of the modem.  Got up to 8% packet
> loss
> when testing with "ping -f" to the gateway IP.
>
> Simply moving the base station to the other side of my desk fixed the problem.
>
> Did you recently buy something that emits a lot of radio waves?  Do you
> frequently pose your mobile phone near your modem?

No, not really. The modem is far away from mobile phones or even from
the DECT station. I fear that it's not a modem problem, more a routing
problem. When I connect to IPs which are bad in connectivity through my
VPN rather than directly, all is good. I don't think the modem has a
problem here (Layer 2 bridge doesn't do routing).

Cheers