Hi Tim,

I believe that the SWORD spec already meets these requirements of yours:

> What I've been pushing for with SWORD is:
> 1) Re-use sensible paradigms from existing AtomPub profiles (CMIS/GData)

Well, it explicitly doesn't get in the way of you using them, I don't
believe.  Although if you could verify that, that would be really
helpful, as I'm not an expert on either CMIS or GData.

> 2) Behave like an AtomPub implementation (i.e. don't MUST something that
> isn't MUST in AtomPub)

This was an original aim of SWORD 2.0.  See, for example:

http://sword2depositlifecycle.jiscpress.org/identifiers/

I believe that the profile as published in first draft meets this
requirement, but again it would be good to have that verified in case I
missed anything.

> 3) Modularise the spec. and features to enable flexibility

Also an original aim of SWORD 2.0, which is what led us towards the
structure presented on the website:

http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/sword-v2-specifications/

There are 4 Internet Draft style documents which break the various parts
of sword out into re-usable specifications, and a profile which draws
them together into SWORD 2.0.

Is this sufficiently modular, or did you have further modularisation in
mind?  I was thinking about modularising the profile itself, but it
seemed correct to keep the whole CRUD stuff together.  I imagined, for
example, breaking authNZ out into a separate profile at some
undetermined time in the future.

> I just echo what Dave Tarrant has said about talking in real-time with
> this. I can see Richard has injected ideas from various sources into the
> spec. but these ideas need to be thrashed out between multiple brains. I
> was initially thinking we want to add behaviourial controls through headers
> whereas I'm more convinced now that these should be IRI parameters, which
> will make it more obvious that this IRI is going to behave differently to
> the base IRI.

Can you give us a few examples of what you imagined?

Cheers,

Richard