Folks,
     A few minor comments on draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp-05

a. Page 10.1
   the text says
       "This transport does not provide for strong sender authentication".
   That sort of seems to imply that "weak sender authentication" is provided
   for. Is that the intent ?
   To me it appears that no authentication is provided for.

The remaining comments are editorial in nature:

b. I would prefer the format of the document to be more hierarchically
   structured. Specifically group Sections 3-8 into a single section.
   That section defines the syslog-udp-transport.

c. page 5 section 8
        s/The Note/Note/

Glenn