Yes, at this point I am happy putting my serialized XML into the MSG
part. I just want to know if there is going to be a requirement
forbidding us from putting our serialized XML into the MSG part. I was
getting that impression. I want to continue to work together, I really
don't want to invent something different.

NOTE: We have 47 different healthcare vendor products signed up to test
RFC 3881 over syslog at a connectathon in January 2006. Companies big
and small in the healthcare space including: GE, Siemens, Philips,
McKesson, Kodak, Canon, Agfa, IBM, etc. We would like to use 3195, but
you all know the problems there. Thus we are using BSD SYSLOG and
violating the MTU. We are making do with what we have, we are trying to
'wait' for you. We appreciate what Rainer is doing, and support him in
his efforts to document (standardize) what is used today.

John