Happy thanksgiving to all US list members! I hope you have better to do
than read my postings today. I'll send them anyhow looking forward to a
healthy discussion next week :)

<comment inline>

Rainer

This is an item for Anton's UDP transport mapping. Please notet that I
did no extensive analysis and there are probably ways to increase the
MTU. I have not looked at this because I was interested in what you can
expect in "the usual case". I think Anton has done some more work in
this regard and can eventually provide further insight.