On 16/06/16 12:01, Ruben Verweij wrote:
> However, I am storing my password via the gnome-keyring and retrieving
> it via `secret-tool lookup user [user] domain gmail.com
> <http://gmail.com/>`.
> I already found out that the problem might lie in the dbus
> communication, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Can anyone provide an
> insight?

If you want non-X11 environments to have a D-Bus session bus, you need
to configure dbus >= 1.10 with --enable-user-session at compile time. On
Debian derivatives, install the dbus-user-session package; on
non-Debian-derived distributions, it might be enabled unconditionally
(as on recent Fedora and Arch), or there might be some equivalent step
you have to take, or it might even not be possible at all.

libsecret uses D-Bus to communicate with gnome-keyring, which is why
this is relevant.

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>