On Thu, 28.07.16 19:25, Lukas Pirl (syst...@lukas-pirl.de) wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I want to enable/disable the swap partition before/after hibernation.
>
> However, it seems I cannot get the service to run early enough to avoid
> the error:
>
>   Failed to hibernate system via logind: Sleep verb not supported

If clients ask logind whether hibernation is available or try to
initiate hibernation we check whether swap is available and refuse if
it isn't. This means if you add the swap only after the hibernation
was already initiated then this will not be able to affect the check
anymore.

You can bypass this check by setting the
SYSTEMD_BYPASS_HIBERNATION_MEMORY_CHECK env var for the logind service
(add a drop-in using Environment= for it).

See https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/3064 and related.