My system was running for 2 days continuously and suddenly I started
getting the following error

Broadcast message from systemd-journald@Acce-01--5712 (Thu 2016-07-28
> 19:02:14 UTC):
>  systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, cannot fork for core dump: Cannot allocate
> memory
>  Message from syslogd@Acce-01--5712 at Jul 28 19:02:14 ...
>  systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, cannot fork for core dump: Cannot allocate
> memory
>  Message from syslogd@Acce-01--5712 at Jul 28 19:02:14 ...
>  systemd[1]: Freezing execution.
>  Broadcast message from systemd-journald@Acce-01--5712 (Thu 2016-07-28
> 19:02:14 UTC):
>  systemd[1]: Freezing execution.

My guess is that the system ran out of memory and systemd is not able to
fork new process (systemd-coredump) to perform the coredump operation.

Is my understanding correct?

Also how should we handle this situation?  what is the expected behavior of
systemd-coredump when the system ran out of resource.

Once i hit this issue, the system is frozen,  no console access, so not
able to get further information.

I am using systemd version 219.

--
With Kind Regards,