Hello,

Am 29.09.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 29.09.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Hajo Locke:
Hello,

Am 29.09.2016 um 11:30 schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 11:20:34AM +0200, Hajo Locke wrote:
Hello List,

we found out that mysql open_files_limit ist controlled by
systemd-service
file. We used LimitNOFILE to increase default value.
This value is always overwriting the value from my.cnf file.
Is there a way to tell systemd to not control a service in this way so
control completely goes back to original my.cnf values?
At the moment i did not found a promising directive.
   Set LimitNOFILE=infinity.  Then your MySL may set the limit
on it own, to the value from my.cnf.

Unfortunately this is not working. We set value in my.cnf lesser than
value in mysql.service, but its only the value in mysql.service which
rules.
May be an OS specific setting? We use Ubuntu 16.04.
It would be nice to tell systemd to let some services make their own rules

to gain what?

/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service.d/ is *exactly* there to override values machine specific and so there is no single reason to keep that stuff in "my.cnf" as well as there is no reason to use mysqld_safe in a systemd environemnt and all proper configured mysql/mariadb servers using systemd capabilities where not affected from the shortly announced root-exploit

it's a broken design that a application itself controls os ressources
thanks, for your help. this is answering some questions.