Reindl Harald schreef op 05-10-2016 21:33:
Am 05.10.2016 um 21:26 schrieb Xen:
Tomasz Torcz schreef op 05-10-2016 19:12:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 07:00:11PM +0200, Xen wrote:

 [ … renaming propositions … ]

  Uh, it is way too late for such changes.  Maybe if you brought this
five years ago… Right now it would only bring pointless differentation
between older and newer distributions.  We just started
unification of all differences in distributions.

Well then create a SystemD 2 and make it the next incarnation :p.

The idea that it can be "too late" to change anything about anything
must surely be seen as a rather weird thing because it would imply that a 1000 years from now we would still be using the same systemd unless it was replaced by some other tool for precisely the reason that it didn't
evolve anymore ;-)

you sound like we did not have enough "change for the sake of change"
in the past 6 years...... realize that the gain of changes needs to
*really* outweight the costs all over the world and not just for you

Well Reindle I was not expecting a positive reply but I need to pee.