On Mon, 07.11.16 12:56, Steve Dickson (ste...@redhat.com) wrote:

> >>  >> so.... I'm using CentOS 7, and we're mounting a disk from our
> >> iSCSI
> >>  >> SAN and then we want to export that via NFS.  But on a fresh boot
> >> the
> >>  >> nfs-server service fails because the filesytem isn't there yet.
> >> Any
> >>  >> ideas on how to fix this?
> >> (first, apologize for the formatting using a very limted web based
> >> i/f)
> >>
> >> I tried creating a nfs-server.service.d directory with a
> >> required-mounts.conf with that line in it and it did not work.
> >> However adding the line directly to the nfs-server.service file did
> >> work.  Can't we add this using a nfs-server.service.d directory and
> >> conf file?
> > mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/nfs-server.service.d/
> > echo "[Unit]" > /etc/systemd/system/nfs-server.service.d/50-myorder.conf
> > echo "RequiresMountsFor=/foo/bar/baz" >>
> > /etc/systemd/system/nfs-server.service.d/50-myorder.conf
> > systemctl daemon-reload
> This happens automatically with later nfs-utils. A systemd generator is
> created that read /etc/exports and creates RequiresMountsFor=
> for anything exported and then read /etc/fstab looking for
> nfs or nfs4 types. It creates a Before= entry in the same file.
>
> The name is order-with-mounts.conf under  nfs-server.service.d

I'd always recommend creating such drop-ins with a numeric prefix, to
make it easy for other tools to generate drop-ins that are properly
ordered against yours. Note that systemd will lexicographically sort
all drop-ins by their filenames before reading them, hence it is a
good idea to name your dropings "10-foo.conf", "50-bar.conf" or
"90-waldo.conf" or something like that.

(Using two numerics followed by a dash is only convention, it's not enforced).