[Cc: systemd mailing list"

what happened until now
"""
I am working on a system based on Yocto Project which uses ConnMan
v1.33 for network management. The system uses systemd and generally
works well so far, but once in a blue moon ConnMan fails to start up.
Here is the relevant log from systemd:

[ 15.886270] systemd[1]: connman.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
[   15.912838] systemd[1]: Failed to start Connection service.

There were no logs from connmand in this case, so in the
connman.service file I've added the -d option to ExecStart= and set
StandardOutput to syslog. I have restarted the system many times until
the failure occurred again. There is only a single line from connmand
in the log:

[ 12.174528] connmand[278]: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory [ 12.209448] systemd[1]: connman.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
[   12.242872] systemd[1]: Failed to start Connection service.

So the system D-Bus is not up and running the time ConnMan is started.
In case of failure, I've noticed there is also no mentioning about
D-Bus starting up in the log, but in all other logs there is.

Now, I think the After=dbus.service line in src/connman.service.in is
not enough because After= specifies order, but not a requirement
dependency. This what Requires= is there for. I've added the line

    Requires=dbus.service

to the service file, reverted my other changes, and tried again. I've
been unable to reproduce the problem ever since, so for me the problem
seems to be fixed.

What do you think? Should src/connman.service.in be changed to include
the Requires= line by default or is this something to be fixed
somewhere else?

Should network-pre.target and systemd-sysusers.service be added to
Requires= as well?
"""
]