On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 04:54:00PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > Also, what's the benefit of shipping this upstream? Why not ship that
> > > rule with kvm?
> >
> > qemu-kvm package? Sure i can do that, but then all distributions
> > have to do the same with their own packages.
>
> qemu-kvm is installed in the host OS only, but this rule needs to be
> set in the guest OS, unless you want to bundle it in with qemu-guest-agent
> RPM, but that's not really a directly related package, so we'd liekly have
> to create a new package for this and try and get distros to ensure it is
> installed in all guest OS. We've had qemu-guest-agent for years now and
> we've still not got all distros installing it. So not shipping this kind
> of rule with udev means that it'll almost certainly end up being missing
> in the majority of guest installs for many years to come.

  If distros do not care about optimal performance, why would we care
and try to make everyone happy by sneaking this change in udev?
  If this feature is important to end user, then the user should change
the distribution to one providing the feature.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be
seeking