On Wed, 01.03.17 15:40, Ian Pilcher (arequip...@gmail.com) wrote:

> I am using systemd's RuntimeDirectory to create a directory for a
> service.
>
>    RuntimeDirectory=squoxy
>
> This causes systemd to create /run/squoxy before starting my service,
> but I haven't been able to get the SELinux context set correctly on the
> directory.
>
> I've set file context rules for both /run/squoxy and /var/run/squoxy:
>
> ^/var/run/squoxy(/.*)?  all files  system_u:object_r:squoxy_var_run_t:s0
> ^/run/squoxy(/.*)?      all files  system_u:object_r:squoxy_var_run_t:s0
>
> And, indeed, restorecon will set the context of the directory to
> squoxy_var_run_t.
>
> I've also added a type transition rule, attempting to get the correct
> context applied automatically when systemd creates the directory:
>
> type_transition init_t var_run_t : dir squoxy_var_run_t "squoxy";
>
> But the directory is still being created as var_run_t:
>
> drwxr-xr-x. nobody nobody system_u:object_r:var_run_t:s0   /run/squoxy
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Hmm, so the relevant code in systemd actually labels the dir after
creating it after an selinux database lookup, so from our side all
should be good:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/core/execute.c#L1857

(specifically, we all mkdir_p_label() instead of plain mkdir_p() there)

My own understanding of SELinux is finite however. I'd recommend
pinging the SELinux folks for help on this,