Hello,

I'm puzzled about systemd-firstboot service.

In my understanding this service is ran only during the firstboot. The
firstboot condition is detected with the presence of /etc/machine-id
file.

If this file is not present then it's assumed to be a first boot and
systemd-firstboot.service is ran and will create the machine-id file.

Now the thing is that I dont see how systemd-firstboot.service can
have a chance to be started because if /etc/machine-id is missing the
whole boot is failing due to journald requiring /etc/machine-id.

Could anybody give me some clues ?

Thanks.
--
Francis