On Wed, 07.06.17 09:49, Krzysztof Jackiewicz (k.jackiew...@samsung.com) wrote:

> I guess the "conflict" was not the best word to describe it.
>
> If I want to release a product with systemd the libryptsetup option will
> force me to release it under GPL. Is that correct?

Not sure what "release product under GPL" is supposed to mean. Note
that the libcryptsetup dep is optional anyway, and only used by the
systemd-cryptsetup helper, not PID 1 itself.

Unless you link your own more restrictive code into systemd-cryptsetup
the GPL dep that is libcryptsetup should not affect you in any way. At
least not more than the Linux kernel's own GPL license does. I mean,
systemd doesn't support any other kernels anyway...

IANAL, so better ask a lawyer if you want definitive answers. But
whether something is GPL or not only matters whether your program
links to to it or not, and systemd only does so in one of its
processes (and not in PID 1), but even if it did link in PID 1 to
libcryptsetup it wouldn't matter, as long as you don't insert your own
non-free stuff into PID 1 too...