Dnia wtorek, 8 sierpnia 2017 21:04:18 CEST Andrei Borzenkov pisze:
> 08.08.2017 17:03, Marek Floriańczyk пишет:
> > What would be the proper way to distinguish between system is going down
> > for reboot and for shutdown ?
>
> Straightforward way is to make your service WantedBy poweroff.target and
> halt.target. You can then have second service WantedBy reboot.target and
> kexec.target. They may even call the same binary (script) but with
> different arguments.

Thanks for answer,

So, my binary "microupsd" is started  by /etc/init.d/microups at the boot time
to monitor power input, battery status etc.
During system halt I need to send SIGUSR1 to this "microupsd" process at which
it will send command to microups device, moreover  I would like to give it
some time (like 1-2 seconds) to accomplish the transmission.
I don't need to send anything in case of reboot.

Should I prepare some script that sends SIGUSR1 to "microupsd" process and
then sleeps for 2 seconds and set it as WantedBy poweroff.target and
halt.target ?

How can I be sure that this script will be called before "microupsd" is
actually killed during system shutdown ?

Best Regards
Marek