Tracksters and Fieldsters:

U.S. radio personality Don Imus frequently mentions that his wife had a
track scholarship at Villanova.  I figured I'd look her up, but I've never
been able to find any notice of her career.

Her name is Deirdre Coleman (although you'll sometimes see it spelled
Deidre).  I believe that she is now about 35 or 36 years old.  According to
Don, she was a middle distance runner.

A March 4, 1999 Web posting on "DeLorenzo's Dugout" by James DeLorenzo
states that she never ran for Villanova.  He bases this upon a search of
old Villanova media guides and an inquiry to Marty Stern.  See:
<http://www.delorenzosdugout.com/030499.htm>

Can anyone on the list find any marks by a Deirdre Coleman, probably in the
800 or 1500, probably in the early 1980's?

Charley Shaffer