In a message dated Fri, 16 Nov 2001  5:54:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Roger Ruth) writes:

>What is new is the interpretation that an Indoor World Record can also be ratified as
>a World Record. As I noted in my post, in past years, Indoor Records were not
>accepted as World Records, even if superior to the equivalent outdoor mark.>

Geez, Rog, I hate to keep beating on you, but that's not true either. Carlo Thränhardt
jumped 2.42 indoors in '88, and under the rules in force then (I think about the same
as now) he was credited with the WR. In '91, it was decertified, and the rule went
back to no-roof. But now that we have roofs-eligible again, it should probably be
reinstated.

(And, by the way, Bubka's indoor 6.15 should prob. be ratified as the WR)

gh